Chuck Jung Associates is pleased to offer Pro Bono/No Cost Counselling for individuals with TBI and their family members.
To qualify for the Pro Bono Counselling services:
- TBI clients should have a reasonable level of communication skills for counselling.
- Any ICBC or other insurance cases should have been settled or resolved in court two or more years ago.
- TBI clients or their family members should have no funding from ICBC, WCB or other insurance companies for treatment. (contact our office for other eligibility criteria)
Following a brain injury, people with TBI could experience changes in many areas in their lives. Depending on the site of brain injuries, they may experience difficulties in different domains, such as cognitive symptoms, physical symptoms, psychological symptoms, and interpersonal challenges.
These symptoms can significantly impact the mental health and emotional well-being of individuals with TBI. Quite often, care-providing family members of people with TBI also experience a high level of stress and trauma in coping with significant changes in their loved ones. Individuals with TBI and their family members may benefit from counselling for their mental health.
- Counselling provide a safe and supportive environment to TBI patients or family members to express their feelings and concerns.
- Counselling could increase insights into the challenges of TBI patients or family members.
- Counselling could provide skill training and strategies to cope with different cognitive, behavioural, physical and/or emotional difficulties.
Chuck Jung Associates is pleased to announce our Pro Bono Counselling services to qualifying TBI patients in our Burnaby and Port Coquitlam offices. These counselling services will be provided by senior doctoral psychology students, supervised by our registered psychologists.
If you are interested in knowing more about our Pro-Bono/No Cost Counselling services or wish to make an appointment:
- Call our Vancouver Head Office at 604-874-6574, or
- Email us via our contact form, or
- Complete our information sheet and intake form (Please contact office for forms).
Located in: Fraser Health Authority.