SOSBIS serves individuals with diagnosed or suspected Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) in order to maximize their quality of life. Objectives include:
- Promoting knowledge and understanding of the needs of persons with ABI
- Providing prevention education to individuals, families, caregivers and the community at large
- Providing assistance through facilities, programs and housing
- Assisting individuals with ABI to access community based supports & services
- Advocating for desired, needed outcomes and services for those effected by ABI
- Providing homeless and mental health programs and services
Membership in SOSBIS is open to anyone living with the effects of Acquired Brain Injury/Stroke or anyone interested in supporting the purposes of SOSBIS. Members of SOSBIS will receive the Brain Waves newsletter quarterly and have voting privileges at the SOSBIS Annual General Meeting.
Located in: Interior Health Authority.