The OPPS is a financial assistance program designed to assist persons with disabilities to complete training that leads to employment. Applicants to the OPPS Fund must have no other financial means of support to access further training. This is a program of the BC Centre for Ability.
To access the Opportunities Fund, applicants must:
- Have a permanent disability or chronic health condition as a barrier to employment
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Be eligible to work in Canada
- Not have received Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years
- Reside in:
- the Sunshine Coast
- Sea to Sky up to Pemberton
- Lower Mainland
- Fraser Valley up to Boston Bar and Hope
- Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands
Services are available to individuals living in: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Fraser Health Authority, and Island Health Authority.
Note: This service is available across Canada. The address provided here has been used only for general mapping purposes and is that of the BC Centre for Ability head office.