We are a multi-disciplinary outpatient program specializing in musculoskeletal and neurological care. Community or facilities referral is required. Our target population is adults 55 years or older, with multiple health issues that are making their rehabilitation more complex, requiring a team approach. Conditions that are treated include:
- Recent falls or safety issues.
- Recent trauma.
- Recent orthopaedic surgery.
- Recent or significant change in functional status.
- Neurological conditions eg. CVA, Parkinsons, etc.
- * Arthritis.
- Amputees for prosthetic training.
The goals are primarily rehabilitative and secondarily compensatory in nature to allow each client to be as independent in their chosen activities as possible. Services provided include:
- Home and Community Living Skills
- Driver Rehabilitation
Referrals may be transferred with the doctor’s permission to another agency if required.
Because the outpatient department often operates with a waitlist, the secretary will advise/suggest that patients attend private practice therapy until they can be booked at Holy Family Hospital.
Located in: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH).