Resource Category: Housing & Independent Living
Fraser Health’s Home Support Services believes that home, with appropriate supports, is the best place for individuals to continue their recovery from illness and injury following a hospitalization and/or manage chronic conditions. For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. Home Health can arrange for home support services to be provided by trained community health workers so you can continue to live at home safely and independently.
Home Support Services provide assistance with:
- Daily living activities at home such as bathing, dressing and grooming
- Special exercises, medication administration and other care needs
- Support and relief for your primary caregiver
You must meet eligibility requirements for Home Health services prior to accessing services. Eligibility requirements for all our services:
- Be a resident of British Columbia
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status (Landed immigrant or on a Minister’s permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services)
- Require care: After discharge from a hospital, At home rather than hospital, Due to terminal illness
Who can call? You or anyone on your behalf such as: family member, hospital, family doctor, friend, neighbour, community group or government agency.
New clients contact our Home Health Service Line: 1-855-412-2121
Current clients contact the Home and Community Care office in your community.
Note: This service is available across Fraser Health Authority. The address provided here is that of the health authority’s corporate office and has been used for general mapping purposes only.