Resource Category: Accessibility, Advocacy, Funding
Tax AID DABC is a free, confidential provincial program that assists people with the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) designation or Persons with Persistent and Multiple Barriers (PPMB) designation with basic income tax filings and information/referrals on tax related matters. Their main focus is on helping chronic late tax filers to catch up on their unfiled taxes.
They can assist clients in several ways including:
- Filing income taxes through one-to-one meetings
- Helping gather tax slips and other necessary documents
- Providing advice and information (in-person, or by phone and/or email) about filing income tax returns
- Providing referrals to organizations in clients’ communities
- Accessing advice and support for clients with more complex tax returns from a chartered accountant
Toll Free: 1-800-663-1278
Services are available to individuals living in every BC health authority, including: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Fraser Health Authority, Island Health Authority, Interior Health Authority and Northern Health Authority.