This is a chance for survivors, families and friends to learn about how the brain works, stroke and recovery. We also talk about life after a stroke, including strategies to help and available resources.
Is this for you?
Everyone is welcome. This workshop is for survivors, families and friends who want to learn more about life after a stroke.
Is there a cost?
No, this workshop is free to attend.
Do I have to register?
Registration is needed, we would like to know how many of your family members and friends will be joining us. Please let us know by calling 604-737-6221.
- This 2.5 hour education session is facilitated by a doctor and/or educator from the Acquired Brain Injury Program at the GF Strong Rehab Centre
- It is open, informal and a chance to learn from others whose lives are changed by a stroke
- Your concerns, questions and experiences guide the session
What will I learn? You will learn about:
- the brain and how it works
- the many changes that happen after a stroke
- practical rehabilitation strategies to help
- life after stroke and resources to help you through your journey
For more information please call the GF Strong Educator at 604-737-6221.