Program outline (program conducted in Cantonese, but mandarin speakers are welcomed) typically includes:
- Speech therapy with volunteers
- Game time (e.g., rummy tile table or shuffle board)
- Affected hand exercises let by volunteer Occupational Therapist
- Monthly music led by volunteers
- Exercise class
- Caregivers support group
- Lunch (bring or buy) and short meeting on any news or updates
Branch programs are for stroke survivors living in the community and their caregivers. Stroke survivors must be capable of participating meaningfully in the program. Stroke survivors must be independent in feeding, mobility, toileting and personal hygiene or have a caregiver accompany them who can provide the necessary assistance. We do not have the resources to accommodate people who have significant behavioural problems such as aggressive/challenging behaviour, sexual inappropriateness, or destructive tendencies.
Located in: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH).