The following activities are offered at the Cowichan Valley Branch:
- Social networking
- Education or exercises on rotating topics such as:
- understanding the effects of a stroke
- building tools for living after stroke
- brain fitness (cognitive exercises for the right side, left side and whole brain)
- health promotion (i.e., nutrition, exercises, accessing community resources, and healthy lifestyles)
Branch programs are for stroke survivors living in the community and their caregivers. Stroke survivors must be capable of participating meaningfully in the program. Stroke survivors must be independent in feeding, mobility, toileting and personal hygiene or have a caregiver accompany them who can provide the necessary assistance. We do not have the resources to accommodate people who have significant behavioural problems such as aggressive/challenging behaviour, sexual inappropriateness, or destructive tendencies.
Located in: Island Health Authority.