Resource Category: Referral Rehab Services
This Outpatient ABI Program provides specialized rehabilitation services for adults who have sustained a brain injury due to one of the following causes:
- traumatic force to the head causing brain damage (e.g. motor vehicle injuries, falls and assaults)
- stroke caused by embolisms
- thrombosis and aneurysm
- lack of oxygen to the brain from near drowning, cardiac arrest (heart stops beating) and drug overdose
- infections affecting the brain (meningitis and/or encephalitis)
- toxic exposure (alcohol, other drug use, toxic inhalants)
- brain tumours
The program is client-focused, goal oriented and time limited for clients who require the unique services of a specialized interdisciplinary team or rehabilitation specialist that cannot be provided by local or community care providers.
A referral is required in order to access the program and must be made by a physician or nurse practitioner.
Complete the Outpatient Rehabilitation Referral Form, located under the Links tab on the website.
Located in: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH).