This service is only for adults living in Vancouver Coastal Health Authority area and can only be referred by a physician or nurse practitioner.
The GF Strong Adult Concussion Services (GFACS) offers 2 streams of service:
- GFACS Group Education Session
- GFACS Rehabilitation Program
GFACS Service Model
- Clients are referred to the GFACS: Group Education Session
- Clients are discharged back to the care of the family physician or medical clinic. Primary care provider is encouraged to prioritize the assessment and treatment of depression/anxiety, sleep, and headaches in individuals following concussion as per Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation (ONF) 3rd Edition Guideline for Concussion / Mild TBI.
- Clients who attended the GFACS: Group Education Session and continues to have persistent concussion symptoms may be referred to GFACS: Rehabilitation Program. Note: Referral form to GFACS: Rehabilitation Program will be made available directly to the family physician/medical clinic after the client attended the GFACS: Group Education Session.
For more information about our program or for a referral visit our website>>
Located in: Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH).