GF Strong Adult Concussion Services (GFACS)
The GF Strong Adult Concussion Services (GFACS) offers 2 streams of service:
- GFACS Group Education Session
- An Occupational Therapist provides group-based education about concussion recovery and self-management skills.
- GFACS Rehabilitation Program
- Time-limited concussion treatment emphasizing self-management for clients with prolonged concussion symptoms.
How to refer: All referrals must be made by a Physician or Nurse Practitioner. This program does not accept self-referrals. Please see the link below for the referral form and more information about the program: http://www.vch.ca/Locations-Services/result?res_id=811
Referral criteria: must live within VCH, aged 18+ years old, diagnosis of concussion/mTBI less than 1 year ago. Individuals with ICBC or Worksafe BC related injuries are NOT eligible for GFACS.
There is currently no wait time for the GFACS program. The GFACS Rehabilitation Program offers both in-person and zoom sessions.
MyGuide: Concussion is a customizable online guide for adults with concussion or those wanting to learn about adult concussion.
MyGuide Concussion has 3 goals:
- To inform you about concussion and recovery
- To equip you with tools and skills
- To empower you with confidence to take action
Check out: https://concussion.vch.ca/
Download the PDF version of this post: GFACS MyGuide