Call for Stories!
BC Brain Injury Association (BCBIA) is celebrating 40 years of service. Over the years, many stories of survivors overcoming adversity have been shared. These stories are powerful. As part of our celebration, BCBIA is actively seeking inspirational stories from individuals and families living with a brain injury to publish on Brainstreams.
We know that rehabilitation and recovery is a very long process. People need hope, encouragement, and unlimited cheerleaders to rebuild life after brain injury. It is our intention to share stories of triumph and success to inspire and give hope. Join us and share your story today.
Click here to enlarge poster.
Story Submission Guidelines:
We are excited to read your story, and we hope that these guidelines help you put it together.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We are interested in the real experiences of survivors of brain injury and their family or friends.
- Photo: Please submit a high-resolution photo of yourself with your story submission.
- Length: Stories should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words and written in first-person. We reserve the right to shorten the length of submission if above the maximum word count.
- Format: Submissions should be typed and double-spaced in Times Roman Numeral 12. Please submit your work in word document via email to email@example.com.
- Subject line: Please include STORY FOR BRAINSTREAMS in the subject line of your email.
- Consent: Along with your submission, please include a signed copy of our consent form, granting BC Brain Injury Association the right to publish your story on Brainstreams.ca and to promote it via social media. To view or print the consent form, click here.
We look forward to reading your submission and appreciate your interest in our website!