SOSBIS serves individuals with diagnosed or suspected Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) in order to maximize their quality of life. Objectives include:
- Promoting knowledge and understanding of the needs of persons with ABI
- Providing prevention education to individuals, families, caregivers and the community at large
- Providing assistance through facilities, programs and housing
- Assisting individuals with ABI to access community based supports & services
- Advocating for desired, needed outcomes and services for those effected by ABI
- Providing homeless and mental health programs and services
Membership in SOSBIS is open to anyone living with the effects of Acquired Brain Injury/Stroke or anyone interested in supporting the purposes of SOSBIS. Members of SOSBIS will receive the Brain Waves newsletter quarterly and have voting privileges at the SOSBIS Annual General Meeting.