Contrary to popular belief most injuries are no accident. More than 90% of injuries are both predictable and preventable
- Minimizing the risk of injuring yourself and/or others
- Being smart about the risks you take
- Living a healthy lifestyle
- Looking after your health conditions
- The responsibility of each and every one of us
(From: Cushman (1995). Injury prevention: the time has come CMAJ, 152(1). 21-3)
Join the prevention challenge and make a personal pledge, live that pledge every day and make your world a safer place
My prevention pledge to:
- Never use a cell phone when driving
- Never drive when tired
- Slow down, look both ways and look the driver in the eye when crossing the road
- Reduce salt and sugar in my diet
- Exercise in some way every day
- Always wear a helmet when cycling
...what is your prevention pledge?
In this Section
The mission of Brainstreams.ca is provide 24/7 access to information and resources for the thousands of people who experience brain injury in BC and beyond each year.
We are actively seeking collaborators who share our vision to build Brainstreams.ca into a world-class online knowledge hub.
To explore partnership opportunities with Brainstreams.ca, contact Sarah Lowis at Sea to Sky Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.