Understanding Stroke: A Workshop for Families & Friends
This is a chance for survivors, families and friends to learn about how the brain works, stroke and recovery. We also talk about life after a stroke, including strategies to help and available resources.
Is this for you?
Everyone is welcome. This workshop is for survivors, families and friends who want to learn more about life after a stroke.
Is there a cost?
No, this workshop is free to attend.
Do I have to register?
Registration is needed, we would like to know how many of your family members and friends will be joining us. Please let us know by calling 604-737-6221.
- This 2.5 hour education session is facilitated by a doctor and/or educator from the Acquired Brain Injury Program at the GF Strong Rehab Centre
- It is open, informal and a chance to learn from others whose lives are changed by a stroke
- Your concerns, questions and experiences guide the session
What will I learn? You will learn about:
- the brain and how it works
- the many changes that happen after a stroke
- practical rehabilitation strategies to help
- life after stroke and resources to help you through your journey
For more information please call the GF Strong Educator at 604-737-6221.
The mission of Brainstreams.ca is provide 24/7 access to information and resources for the thousands of people who experience brain injury in BC and beyond each year.
We are actively seeking collaborators who share our vision to build Brainstreams.ca into a world-class online knowledge hub.
To explore partnership opportunities with Brainstreams.ca, contact Sarah Lowis at Sea to Sky Management at email@example.com.